Pookie

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Do These Slippers Come With Insoles?

Whistle While I Work....

Phew!  What an exhausting day!  There was no whistling here.  My 15 hour day included ID checks, background checks, fingerprinting, parking permits, and the ever popular, unpacking.  On the bus, we played Disney Trivia.  I just happened to know who Annette Funicello was and her important role to the Mickey Mouse Club.  (Thank you Full House for her guest appearance!)

However, the most magical part of the day was the job assignments!  This was the most anticipated stop of the day.  So, the moment we have all been waiting for, my job is ... (cue the royal horns) Merchandise in Magic Kindgom's Tomorrowland.  Once she told me, I had to ask what that meant.  Tomorrowland is the futuristic park full of Buzz Lightyear, Stitch, Monster's Inc. and Space Mountain.  We believe that I will be in one of the gift shops at the end of an attraction.  Those are the shops where children run around wanting everything and parents groan because of Disney's clever placement of irresistible merchandise.

Although it is not Princess Galore, it will be an experience!  Training is on Thursday, followed by a complete tour of the park on Friday.  We shall see where the magic takes me.


Cinderella, can your Mice rub my feet?
Snow White

No comments:

Post a Comment