Pookie

Saturday, June 9, 2012

To Create the Greatest Magic...

You must hold the pixie dust close to your heart.

Every guest is different.  Here at Disney they have a phrase, VIP: Very Individual Person.  It could be a guest's first visit, or it could be their last.  No matter the age, or the type, every person should be treated with the utmost respect.  I want to give them the best experience with me, so they can have the best experience at the park. 

Monday, I was out working our Pin Cart.  It was hot; I was sweaty; I was ready to go home.  A little girl comes up to me wearing a Make a Wish button.  As with any other guest, I cheerfully say, "Hi!" and take her pins to be rung up.  She then says, "Wow! You are so nice!"  I am surprised by her compliment as I only said "Hi."  I asked her what she meant and she began to tell me how all other cast members had been snappy to her and, basically, did not treat her like a person.  This girl, or maybe someone close in her family, is terminally ill and is possibly seeing one of their last days on earth.  And she thinks that I am the only one that was nice to her by just saying hello?!

I will never forget that girl.  I will always feel pride for being set apart.  This shows me that only one word can change a person's entire day.  My attitude will be remembered.  And as of right now, I want to be remembered as the only cast member who was nice to a guest, a Very Individual Person.

If I have not said it enough, I absolutely love this job.  Everyday after March 1st, I prayed to God hoping that I would love this job as much as I thought I would.  God has answered this prayer times a million.  I meet new people new everyday.  I work hard to give everyone an experience to be remembered.  I create magic for the little girls needing time away from a hospital bed.  It is the guests that make the magic for me.


Smiling on the wishing star,
Snow White

1 comment:

  1. What a privilege it is to be able to positively impact a life in your line of work! I am so proud that you realize this and try to make people, especially someone like this, feel special! I am so proud!

    ReplyDelete