Pookie

Friday, August 17, 2012

I know... I know

I know I have not been as faithful to this blog as I said I would, but ...

Doc applied for his Masters ... again
Happy won the lottery
Bashful has a new crush
Sneezy has the flu
Sleepy wont get out of bed
Dopey swallowed too many bubbles
and Grumpy is just ... grumpy

So basically: a lot of new things are going on around the cottage.  Luckily for you, I do have some stories that I've been saving up.


Hall of Fame:
One of the best things about working with Photo Pass Pictures is to see the creativity some guests have when that camera flashes.  If you don't already know, Photo Pass is a digital download card that you can buy to take the photo taken during the ride home.  The two rides we have in Tomorrowland that involve Photo Pass are Space Mountain and Buzz Space Ranger.  The best Space Mountain picture I've heard about was a school marching band doing Thriller when the pictures are all aligned.  While I've been at Disney, I've seen people shaving with shaving cream on their legs, face, and underarms (think of how messy that trip to space was!), someone brushing their teeth, and enough shirtless men to make me gag.  In Buzz, my favorites have been Zombie Man and The Bear.  Zombie Man is pretty self-explanatory, but The Bear was this large teenager whose mouth looks like he is about to eat the camera!  I don't know why we don't have a Hall of Fame/Shame wall backstage full of these priceless memories!!


Maddie and Macy:
Everyday you get the cute kids that are so excited to buy the picture of their very first roller coaster ride. *In my opinion, Space Mountain is NOT the best place to start for a trial run*  These two girls, were so cute and they could not stop talking about how much fun they had!  While I printed their photos I asked them their names and got to know them.  I looked at their parents and Maddie said, "They're too old to know their names!"  I thought that was the funniest thing!  I gave them their pictures On the Mouse and told them to "have a magical day!"  Before they walked out the door, Maddie ran back and gave me a hug!  I'll never forget her!


How to Raise a Child:
I was helping print a guest's photo out at Buzz.  While I was doing so, his daughter came up to him and asked him a question.  After he answered, he handed her something and said, "Go give this to your brother."  Without pause, she answered, "Yes, sir," and calmly walked away.  In awe of the respect she had for her father, I said to him, "Your daughter is very polite!"  I died after he said, "If I was your father, you would be polite too!"


It's the small stories that make up the Fairy Tales,
Snow White

1 comment:

  1. Maybe you should suggest the "Hall of Fame/Shame Wall" to your supervisor!

    ReplyDelete